Here’s another home workout you can do sans equipment! Just you and the comfort of your own home. No excuses! If you have questions on the exercises, leave a comment!
Perform each exercise for 12 reps or 40s where indicated*, straight through the set.
Rest as needed, or 2 min at end.
Repeat for 3 sets.
- Single leg step ups (12 on each side) – use a chair or sturdy chest.
- Inchworm – keep feet planted, walk hands out to straight arm plank, hold, walk feet back in towards hands and repeat.
- Jumping jacks*
- Forward lunges w arms up (12 on each side)
- Push ups
- Forearm plank
The bosu is one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment. It’s so versatile that it allows you to get a full body workout at a variety of intensities. It really jazzes up exercises that can become mundane and boring on their own.
Below, I’ve listed and shown my favorite ARM exercises to do with a bosu. Try some out!
- Handwalk – This movement combines a straight arm plank with lateral movements to exercise your core and your arms all in one.
*Put the bosu on the ground with the blue side facing up. Set yourself up in a straight arm plank on the blue surface. Begin the movement by moving one arm laterally onto the floor, then by bringing the other arm over as well. Now, move each arm back onto the blue surface of the bosu. Next, move each arm over the other side of the bosu. Continue moving across the bosu from side to side, lifting and placing just one arm at a time.
- Push Ups – Push ups are awesome to tone up your arms. Make them a little more difficult by doing them on your bosu.
*Place the bosu on the ground with the black side facing up. Grasp the sides of the bosu and perform a regular push up. This exercise adds difficulty to the push up by forcing your core and stabilizing muscles to contract in order to help you maintain your balance throughout the movement.
- Chest Press – Don’t have dumbells at home? Don’t worry, you can still strengthen your chest and arms by performing a chest press with your bosu.
*Lay on the floor and grip the bosu with both hands so the black side is facing you. Bring the bosu in towards your chest, then extend your arms up to push the bosu away from you. Repeat.
Have fun with this! If you have questions, leave a comment!